Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7067
A Rake’s Progress, Plate 4: O Vanity of Youthfull Blood…1735 (printed after 1761)
355 x 408 mm (14 x 16.1 in.)
William Hogarth, British (English), (1697–1764)
- satire - Artistic device holding up human folly and vice to scorn, derision, or ridicule. [November 1994 scope note added; related term added; alternate term added. May 1994 related term added.]
- sequences - Use for groups of objects, images, or data elements arranged in a specified order. For photographs taken in chronological order to record motion or change, use "chronophotographs" or "motion photographs."
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- sex role - Pattern of attitudes and behavior that in any society is deemed appropriate to one sex rather than another. For the concept of physiological traits that distinguish the males and females of a species, use "sex." For the sum of an individual's sexual emotions, ideas, and behavior, use "sexuality." ERIC9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. December 1992 related term added. November 1991 related terms added. January 1991 scope note added. May 1990 lead-in term added.]
- sexuality - Use generally for the sum of an individual's sexual emotions, ideas, and behavior. For the pattern of attitudes and behavior that in any society is deemed appropriate to one sex rather than another, use "sex role." For the concept of the physiological traits that distinguish the males and females of a species, use "sex." [February 1993 descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added; related term added.]
- vices - LC sh 85143163
- plate Dimensions: 355 x 408 mm (14 x 16.1 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "CTKG".View current selection of records as: