The Grand Review at Camp Massachusetts, near Concord, September 9, 1859
Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7256
The Grand Review at Camp Massachusetts, near Concord, September 9, 18591859
350 x 515 mm (13.8 x 20.3 in.)
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910)
- camps (military) - LCSH Link
- Civil War era
- civil wars - Wars between different sections or parties of the same nation. W [January 1991 scope note added; alternate term added. November 1990 descriptor moved. 19900191 descriptor changed, was "civil war".]
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- U.S. Civil War
- image Dimensions: 350 x 515 mm (13.8 x 20.3 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .