The Drive in the Central Park, New York, September, 1860
Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7270
The Drive in the Central Park, New York, September, 18601860
345 x 517 mm (13.6 x 20.4 in.)
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- parks (recreation areas) - Use for permanently dedicated, public recreation areas generally characterized by their natural, historic, or landscape features; often administered by governmental agencies. [February 1995 descriptor changed, was "parks"; alternate term changed, was "park". October 1993 related term added. April 1993 descriptor moved.]
- image Dimensions: 345 x 517 mm (13.6 x 20.4 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .