Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7277
Great Fair at the City Assembly Rooms, New York, December, 1861, in Aid of the City Poor1861
339 x 513 mm (13.3 x 20.2 in.)
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910)
- charity - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm001902
- fairs - Use for exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, and often combined with entertainment. For meetings of buyers and sellers at stated times and places for the purpose of trade, use "markets (events)." [April 1996 scope note added; related term added. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 339 x 513 mm (13.3 x 20.2 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910) . Great Fair at the City Assembly Rooms, New York, December, 1861, in Aid of the City Poor, 1861. Wood engraving with printed text on verso. image : 339 x 513 mm (13.3 x 20.2 in.). Sheet : 406 x 583 mm (16 x 23 in.). DAC accession number 1939.3.4. Gift of Susan Swallow, 1939. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BSUJ".View current selection of records as: