The Great Russian Ball of the Academy of Music, Nov. 5, 1863
Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7295
The Great Russian Ball of the Academy of Music, Nov. 5, 18631869
333 x 513 mm (13.1 x 20.2 in.)
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910)
- academies (organizations) - Organizations of learned individuals united for the advancement of art, science, or literature. W [June 1998 descriptor changed, qualifier added; alternate descriptor changed, qualifier added. May 1991 scope note added.]
- Civil War era
- civil wars - Wars between different sections or parties of the same nation. W [January 1991 scope note added; alternate term added. November 1990 descriptor moved. 19900191 descriptor changed, was "civil war".]
- dance - Performing art form realized in rhythmic movement, creating visual designs by a series of poses and tracing of patterns through space in the course of measured units of time. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added.]
- dancers - Use for those who engage in the activity of dancing or who practice the art of dance, especially as a profession. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- music - The art concerned with the combining of vocal or instrumental sounds in measured time to communicate emotions, ideas, or states of mind, usually according to cultural standards of rhythm, melody, and, in most Western music, harmony. [January 1995 scope note added. December 1991 related term added; related term added.]
- Russia - TGN 7002435
- U.S. Civil War
- image Dimensions: 333 x 513 mm (13.1 x 20.2 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910) . The Great Russian Ball of the Academy of Music, Nov. 5, 1863, 1869. Wood engraving with printed text on verso on wove paper. image : 333 x 513 mm (13.1 x 20.2 in.). Sheet : 412 x 575 mm (16.2 x 22.6 in.). DAC accession number 1939.3.5. Gift of Susan Swallow, 1939. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "The Great Russian Ball of the Academy of Music, Nov. 5, 1863".View current selection of records as: