No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/757
A Camel Market (Bazar des Chameaux)ca. 1870-1890
204 x 243 mm (8 x 9.6 in.)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- marketplaces - Use for widened streets, neighborhood or town squares, or other mostly open public spaces where booths and stalls may be erected for public sales. [July 1993 lead-in terms added.]
- markets (events) - Use for meetings of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs." [April 1996 scope note changed; related term added. March 1993 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- Middle East - TGN 7001526 (general region). All DAC object records formerly indexed with term “West Asia” were revised in 2010 to “Middle East” (Eurocentric but standards-compliant); some future TGN revision that uses current preferred terms may support restoration of the better “West Asia.”
- travel photography
- image Dimensions: 204 x 243 mm (8 x 9.6 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DVOR".View current selection of records as: