Duck River, Lyme, Connecticut
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7686
Duck River, Lyme, Connecticutca. 1930-1935
220 x 170 mm (8.7 x 6.7 in.)
Peter A. Juley, American, (1862–1937)
Paul P. Juley, American, (1890–1975)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Edition: From an undated album of 54 portraits of members of the Lyme Art Association and 5 views of environs, circa 1930s
Marks: Inscribed with stamp on verso [on many but not all of the prints contained in the album]: “Peter A. Juley & Son / Photographers of Fine Arts since 1896 / 219 East 39th Street — NYC.”
Credit Line: Gift of Janet and Lewis Lehr, 1982
Accession Number: 1922.214.171.124
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
Connecticut*, landscapes (representations)*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, rivers, water
- Connecticut - TGN 7007159
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 220 x 170 mm (8.7 x 6.7 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available