Fortune Teller, State Fair, Donaldsonville, La.
Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/8397
Fortune Teller, State Fair, Donaldsonville, La.1938
203 x 254 mm (8 x 10 in.)
Russell Lee, American, (1903–1986)
- divination - Art or practice of foreseeing future events or obtaining secret knowledge through divine sources, omens, or oracles; it is based on the belief that revelations are offered to humans in extrarational forms of knowledge. CCE [November 1994 alternate term added. January 1992 descriptor added.]
- fairs - Use for exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, and often combined with entertainment. For meetings of buyers and sellers at stated times and places for the purpose of trade, use "markets (events)." [April 1996 scope note added; related term added. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- Farm Security Administration (FSA)
- female portraits
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- sheet Dimensions: 203 x 254 mm (8 x 10 in.)
No open access image available
Russell Lee, American, (1903–1986) . Fortune Teller, State Fair, Donaldsonville, La., 1938. Gelatin silver print. sheet : 203 x 254 mm (8 x 10 in.). DAC accession number 1976.1.53. Purchase funds, 1976. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Fortune Teller, State Fair, Donaldsonville, La.".View current selection of records as: