Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/8467
The Landscape Painter (Le paysagiste)1912
233 x 398 mm (9.2 x 15.7 in.)
Auguste Louis Lepère, French, (1849–1918)
- artist portraits
- artists - Use specifically for people who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, use "performing artists." [May 1995 related term added. February 1993 descriptor moved. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- artists by type - Use AAT "artists" for artists in general, along with subtypes from this DAC category. Do not apply this category itself to records; it exists only to hold those subtypes.
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- male portraits
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- image Dimensions: 233 x 398 mm (9.2 x 15.7 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Auguste Louis Lepère, French, (1849–1918) . The Landscape Painter (Le paysagiste), 1912. Woodcut on Asian paper. First state. image : 233 x 398 mm (9.2 x 15.7 in.). Sheet : 332 x 552 mm (13.1 x 21.7 in.). DAC accession number 1940.D1.150. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1940. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXUR" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: