Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9049
Showers, Diagnostic Unit, Texas, 1967–691967-1969
279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
Danny Lyon, American, b. born 1942
- African American history
- convicts - Use for those serving a prison sentence following conviction for a criminal offense. For those involuntarily confined in prison or kept in custody, use "prisoners." For those confined to an institutional facility voluntarily or involuntarily, use "inmates." [January 1993 alternate term added. February 1991 descriptor added.]
- documentary photography - Use for an approach to photography in which the subject is recorded with an emphasis on factual accuracy and with a high degree of objectivity by the photographer; often of a newsworthy event. May be intended to record, and ultimately influence, social conditions. ICPEP
- imprisonment - LCSH Link
- prisoners - Related Term
- prisons - Use for places of confinement and correction run by state or federal authorities for those adults convicted to sentences over one year for serious crimes; developed since the late 18th century and generally characterized by cell and corridor plans with separation by offense and sex, and programs of rehabilitation provided as means toward prisoner reform. Use "jails" for places for offenders sentenced either for lesser crimes or for terms up to one year.
- Southwest - TGN 4010660 (general region): Area to which term applies has changed with westward expansion of the USA; today usually refers to Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas; area is linked by arid climate & pastoral agricultural economy.
- Texas - TGN 7007826
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- sheet Dimensions: 279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
No open access image available
Danny Lyon, American, b. born 1942 . Showers, Diagnostic Unit, Texas, 1967–69, 1967-1969. From Conversations with the Dead. Gelatin silver print. sheet : 279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.). DAC accession number 1983.26.16. Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Martin H. Shore (parents of Martin H. Shore, Jr., BA Wesleyan 1982), 1983. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXFK" and [Objects]Work Type is "Photograph".View current selection of records as: