Rodeo—Big Spring, Texas
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9207
Rodeo—Big Spring, Texas1991
351 x 276 mm (13.8 x 10.9 in.)
Mary Ellen Mark, American, b. born 1941
Alternative title: Boy with Lasso, Texas [given by publisher]
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Edition: 4/30; portfolio of ten photographs published by Double Elephant Editions, Ltd.
Marks: Signed in pencil on verso: “Rodeo—Big Spring, Texas—1991 Mary Ellen Mark”
Bibliography: Contemporary Photographers, 1988, pp. 656–658.
Credit Line: Gift of Philippe M. Salomon (BA Wesleyan 1970), 1993
Accession Number: 1993.31.1
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
children (people by age group)*, cowboys*, rodeos, Southwest*, sports*, Texas*, Western United States*
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- cowboys - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm002684
- Southwest - TGN 4010660 (general region): Area to which term applies has changed with westward expansion of the USA; today usually refers to Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas; area is linked by arid climate & pastoral agricultural economy.
- sports - Use for games that involve a reasonable degree of individual skill and physical prowess. [June 1993 related term added. March 1993 scope note changed; related terms added; descriptor moved. February 1991 scope note added; alternate term added.]
- Texas - TGN 7007826
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 351 x 276 mm (13.8 x 10.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available