Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9278
The Angel...Pointing the Way to Paradiseca. 1500
85 x 65 mm (3.3 x 2.6 in.)
Master M. Z., aka Matthaüs Zasinger, German, (ca. 1477–after 1555)
- angels - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm000323
- demons - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm002979
- heaven - Place or state of eternal bliss and ideal relationship with God or the gods, usually accorded as the reward for virtue and true religious faith. [October 1990 descriptor added.]
- hell - Place or state of extreme or eternal suffering, usually inflicted as punishment upon the wicked or the nonbelieving. [October 1990 descriptor added.]
- plate Dimensions: 85 x 65 mm (3.3 x 2.6 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Master M. Z., aka Matthaüs Zasinger, German, (ca. 1477–after 1555) . The Angel...Pointing the Way to Paradise, ca. 1500. From The Art of Dying (Ars moriendi). Engraving with type-printed German text on verso. plate : 85 x 65 mm (3.3 x 2.6 in.). DAC accession number 1922.214.171.124. Gift of Dorothy and David Keppel (Wesleyan honorary degree, 1929) in memory of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1953. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "Z" and [Objects]Century is "15th/16th century" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Master M. Z.".View current selection of records as: