Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9278
The Angel...Pointing the Way to Paradiseca. 1500
85 x 65 mm (3.3 x 2.6 in.)
Master M. Z., aka Matthaüs Zasinger, German, (ca. 1477–after 1555)
- angels - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm000323
- demons - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm002979
- heaven - Place or state of eternal bliss and ideal relationship with God or the gods, usually accorded as the reward for virtue and true religious faith. [October 1990 descriptor added.]
- hell - Place or state of extreme or eternal suffering, usually inflicted as punishment upon the wicked or the nonbelieving. [October 1990 descriptor added.]
- plate Dimensions: 85 x 65 mm (3.3 x 2.6 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "Z" and [Objects]Century is "15th/16th century".View current selection of records as: