Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9317
Avant le Salon.—Peintres et Bourgeois.—La dernier main1862
158 x 224 mm (6.2 x 8.8 in.)
C. Maurand, French
After Honoré Daumier, French, (1808–1879)
- art - Use with reference to the study or practice of the fine arts or the fine and decorative arts together. With reference to the visual and performing arts together, use "arts." For actual works or objects of the fine or decorative arts, use "works of art" or "art objects." [November 1994 related term added. March 1991 scope note changed.]
- artists - Use specifically for people who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, use "performing artists." [May 1995 related term added. February 1993 descriptor moved. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- exhibitions - Organized displays, especially of works of art or objects of human making. W [March 1994 related term added. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- satire - Artistic device holding up human folly and vice to scorn, derision, or ridicule. [November 1994 scope note added; related term added; alternate term added. May 1994 related term added.]
- social satire
- image Dimensions: 158 x 224 mm (6.2 x 8.8 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
C. Maurand, French Honoré Daumier, French, (1808–1879) . Avant le Salon.—Peintres et Bourgeois.—La dernier main, 1862. Wood engraving on newsprint paper. image : 158 x 224 mm (6.2 x 8.8 in.). DAC accession number 1986.41.10. Unrecorded source, before 1986. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BOJG" and [Objects]Century is "19th century".View current selection of records as: