East River Sunset
Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9407
East River Sunset1934
206 x 352 mm (8.1 x 13.9 in.)
James McBey, British (Scottish), (1883–1959)
- East River - LCSH 8504057 "East River (N.Y.)"; no TGN
- harbors - Designates well-sheltered inlets of water affording protection from wind and sea and sufficient depth to allow anchorage for vessels.
- marine views - Use For Term
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- sun - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm010370
- times of day
- plate Dimensions: 206 x 352 mm (8.1 x 13.9 in.)
No open access image available
James McBey, British (Scottish), (1883–1959) . East River Sunset, 1934. Etching. plate : 206 x 352 mm (8.1 x 13.9 in.). DAC accession number 1937.D1.35. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1937. (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "East River Sunset".View current selection of records as: