The Door, St. Bartholomew’s
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9689
The Door, St. Bartholomew’s1909
256 x 175 mm (10.1 x 6.9 in.)
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919)
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- doors - Barriers which swing, slide, tilt, or fold to close a doorway, usually of solid and finished construction and usually leading to or separating interior spaces. Use also for similar features that close a container or a piece of case furniture. For barriers of less solid or finished construction, and usually separating two exterior spaces, use "gates." [April 1993 related term added. March 1993 descriptor moved. February 1993 scope note changed.]
- doorways - Denotes openings, which contain or could contain a door, that provide access into or out of building spaces. [March 1993 descriptor moved. August 1991 scope note changed.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- plate Dimensions: 256 x 175 mm (10.1 x 6.9 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919) . The Door, St. Bartholomew’s, 1909. Soft-ground etching printed in black, green, red, and blue inks on Asian wove paper. First state. plate : 256 x 175 mm (10.1 x 6.9 in.). Sheet : 330 x 248 mm (13 x 9.8 in.). DAC accession number 1945.D1.42. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1945. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "The Door, St. Bartholomew’s".View current selection of records as: