Entrance to Brooklyn Bridge
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9758
Entrance to Brooklyn Bridge1892
350 x 242 mm (13.8 x 9.5 in.)
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919)
- bridges (built works) - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers. [September 1994 scope note added; related term added. March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'bridges'; alternate term changed, was 'bridge'.]
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- plate Dimensions: 350 x 242 mm (13.8 x 9.5 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919) . Entrance to Brooklyn Bridge, 1892. Etching on China paper. plate : 350 x 242 mm (13.8 x 9.5 in.). DAC accession number 1981.1.1. Gift of Ralph Hiscano (BA Wesleyan 1949), 1981. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Entrance to Brooklyn Bridge".View current selection of records as: