Old Mill, near Newport, R.I.
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9763
Old Mill, near Newport, R.I.1887
279 x 205 mm (11 x 8.1 in.)
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Rhode Island - TGN 7007711
- plate Dimensions: 279 x 205 mm (11 x 8.1 in.)
No open access image available
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919) . Old Mill, near Newport, R.I., 1887. Etching and drypoint printed in brown ink on laid paper. plate : 279 x 205 mm (11 x 8.1 in.). Sheet : 439 x 310 mm (17.3 x 12.2 in.). DAC accession number 1987.5.9. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892); Print Reference Library transfer, 1987.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Old Mill, near Newport, R.I.".View current selection of records as: