No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/102
Sequoia Gigantea Roots, Yosemite National Park, Californiaca. 1950 (printed ca. 1960-1970)
495 x 394 mm (19.5 x 15.5 in.)
Ansel Adams, American, (1902–1984)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Edition: Printing can be dated to 1960s by Hi Art mount
Marks: Signed in ink, lower right: “Ansel Adams”; inscribed with stamp on verso: photographer’s stamp and address (Rt. 1 Box 191, Carmel, California 93291)
Bibliography: Ansel Adams, Images, reproduced p. 34.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1983.12.1
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
California*, landscapes (representations)*, Sierra Nevada*, trees, Western United States*, Yosemite Valley*
- California - TGN 7007157
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Sierra Nevada - TGN 7014506 is "Nevada, Sierra"; flipped here to avoid comma ambiguity in term display
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- Yosemite Valley - TGN 7017628
- image Dimensions: 495 x 394 mm (19.5 x 15.5 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available