Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12298
Rhode Island, 19721972 (published 1974)
204 x 252 mm (8 x 9.9 in.)
Eva Rubenstein, American, b. born 1933
Alternative title: Chair and Torn Blind, Rhode Island 1972
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Series: from A Portfolio of Photographs by Eva Rubenstein
Edition: Portfolio 2/35, published by Neikrug Ltd., New York, 1974; printed by the artist with the assistance of Bill Schwab; the portfolio includes 12 prints and a folio (signed by artist) with edition information and individual titles, enfolding one additional unbound leaf inscribed by artist and another with commentary by John Vachon
Marks: Signed in pencil on front of original window mat, below image lower right: “Eva Rubenstein”
Bibliography: See extensive bibliography in Contemporary Photographers (1995), pp. 979–981; see donor file; Eva Rubenstein (Dobbs Ferry, NY: Morgan & Morgan) has title as “Chair and Torn Blind, Rhode Island 1972” (no. 41).
Credit Line: Gift of Andrew Szegedy-Maszak (Professor of Classics) and Elizabeth Bobrick in honor of Hanna Szegedy-Maszak and Maria de Kornfeld, 1995
Accession Number: 1995.46.6
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- interior views - Use for photographs or other representations of the interior of a building or other structure. [April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Rhode Island - TGN 7007711
- image Dimensions: 204 x 252 mm (8 x 9.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available