No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13559
Hugo L. Black Federal Courthouse1987
463 x 324 mm (18.2 x 12.8 in.)
Philip Trager, American, b. born 1935
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Series: from project Birmingham 1988
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Collection of the artist
Bibliography: Douglas Hyland, “Birmingham 1988: the Birmingham news centennial photographic collection” exhibition catalog (Birmingham, AL] : Birmingham Museum of Art, 1988), fig. 5, p. 16; Barbara Michaels, et al., Philip Trager [retrospective catalog] (Göttingen, Germany: Steidl; [Middletown, CT]: Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University; [Oberlin, OH]: Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, 2006), facing plate 67.
Credit Line: Gift of Ina and Philip S. Trager (BA Wesleyan 1956, DFA 2008), 2009
Accession Number: 2009.1.147
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
Alabama*, architecture*, Connecticut artists, courthouses*, Southern United States*, Wesleyan University alumni artists
- Alabama - TGN 7002659
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Connecticut artists
- courthouses - Use to designate buildings which contain rooms for courts of law and often judges' chambers and other offices. [February 1994 related term added; lead-in terms added.]
- Southern United States - TGN 4011499 (general region): In its broadest sense, it refers to states south of the Mason-Dixon Line and Ohio River, which was the boundary between opposing states in the Civil War. In this sense, it includes Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. In more common modern usage, it excludes Maryland, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
- image Dimensions: 463 x 324 mm (18.2 x 12.8 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available