Rembrandt - All DAC Holdings
Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12016
Beggars Receiving Alms at the Door of a House1648
162 x 129 mm (6.4 x 5.1 in.)
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669)
- beggars - Those who subsist by asking for alms. WCOL9 [December 1992 alternate term added. December 1990 descriptor added.]
- charity - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm001902
- doorways - Denotes openings, which contain or could contain a door, that provide access into or out of building spaces. [March 1993 descriptor moved. August 1991 scope note changed.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. [July 1995 descriptor moved. March 1995 scope note added. November 1992 related term added.]
- plate Dimensions: 162 x 129 mm (6.4 x 5.1 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Image Group is "Rembrandt - All DAC Holdings" and [Objects]Century is "17th century" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Rembrandt van Rijn".View current selection of records as: