Rembrandt - All DAC Holdings
Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12012
The Strolling Musicians1635
139 x 117 mm (5.5 x 4.6 in.)
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669)
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- music - The art concerned with the combining of vocal or instrumental sounds in measured time to communicate emotions, ideas, or states of mind, usually according to cultural standards of rhythm, melody, and, in most Western music, harmony. [January 1995 scope note added. December 1991 related term added; related term added.]
- musical instruments - Sound-producing apparatuses whose primary function is to play music.
- musicians - Those skilled or specializing in the art or practice of music, such as composers, conductors, and performers. [January 1995 scope note added. February 1993 descriptor moved. November 1992 alternate term added. March 1992 related terms added.]
- print states
- plate Dimensions: 139 x 117 mm (5.5 x 4.6 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669) . The Strolling Musicians, 1635. Etching on cream laid paper. First state. plate : 139 x 117 mm (5.5 x 4.6 in.). DAC accession number 1941.D1.35. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1941. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Image Group is "Rembrandt - All DAC Holdings" and [Objects]Century is "17th century".View current selection of records as: