Rembrandt - All DAC Holdings
Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12023
Cottage beside a Canalca. 1645
141 x 209 mm (5.6 x 8.2 in.)
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669)
- canals - Use for artificial navigable waterways.
- cottages - A small house, usually of only one story. [January 1998 scope note added. July 1995 descriptor moved.]
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. [July 1995 descriptor moved. March 1995 scope note added. November 1992 related term added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Netherlands - TGN 7016845
- plate Dimensions: 141 x 209 mm (5.6 x 8.2 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669) . Cottage beside a Canal, ca. 1645. Etching on laid paper. Only state or second of two states. plate : 141 x 209 mm (5.6 x 8.2 in.). Sheet : 147 x 218 mm (5.8 x 8.6 in.). DAC accession number 1940.D1.170. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1940. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Image Group is "Rembrandt - All DAC Holdings" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Rembrandt van Rijn" and [Objects]Century is "17th century".View current selection of records as: