Gallery of American Art, No. 1
Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7620
The New Scholar1850
290 x 342 mm (11.4 x 13.5 in.)
Alfred Jones, British (English), (1819–1900)
After Francis William Edmonds, American, (1806–1863)
- American Studies
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- schools - Individual buildings or groups of buildings designed or used as places of instruction. [June 1998 lead-in terms added, "educational building", "building, educational", "school building", "building, school", "educational facility", "facility, educ
- plate Dimensions: 290 x 342 mm (11.4 x 13.5 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Alfred Jones, British (English), (1819–1900) Francis William Edmonds, American, (1806–1863) . The New Scholar, 1850. From Gallery of American Art, No. 1. Etching and engraving on buff wove paper. plate : 290 x 342 mm (11.4 x 13.5 in.). Sheet : 367 x 470 mm (14.4 x 18.5 in.). DAC accession number 19220.127.116.11. Friends of the Davison Art Center funds donated by John E. Andrus III (BA Wesleyan 1933), 1994. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Image Group is "Gallery of American Art, No. 1" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Alfred Jones after Francis William Edmonds".View current selection of records as: