Whistler - The First Venice Set
Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14650
The Beggarsca. 1880
304 x 212 mm (12 x 8.3 in.)
James McNeill Whistler, American, (1834–1903)
- agriculture - Science or art of cultivating the soil, harvesting crops, and raising livestock. W [April 1996 descriptor moved. November 1995 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- beggars - Those who subsist by asking for alms. WCOL9 [December 1992 alternate term added. December 1990 descriptor added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- plate Dimensions: 304 x 212 mm (12 x 8.3 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Image Group is "Whistler - The First Venice Set".View current selection of records as: