Macbeth, at the Boston Theatre
Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1650
Macbeth, at the Boston Theatre1855
189 x 240 mm (7.4 x 9.4 in.)
After Benjamin Champney, American, (1817–1907)
- American Studies
- Boston - TGN 7013445
- literature (writings)
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Shakespeare (William) - LC n 78095332: Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
- image Dimensions: 189 x 240 mm (7.4 x 9.4 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Anonymous, Benjamin Champney, American, (1817–1907) . Macbeth, at the Boston Theatre, 1855. Wood engraving with accompanying text on same sheet. image : 189 x 240 mm (7.4 x 9.4 in.). Sheet : 399 x 294 mm (15.7 x 11.6 in.). DAC accession number 1998.1.9. Gift of Robert C. Lancefield (BA Wesleyan 1982, MA 1993, PhD 2005; DAC Registrar of Collections 1994–2019, Manager of Museum Information Services 1999–2019), 1998. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Macbeth, at the Boston Theatre".View current selection of records as: