Fracischina and Gian Farina
Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/3287
Fracischina and Gian Farina1622 and later
Jacques Callot, French, (1592–1635)
- dance - Performing art form realized in rhythmic movement, creating visual designs by a series of poses and tracing of patterns through space in the course of measured units of time. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added.]
- dancers - Use for those who engage in the activity of dancing or who practice the art of dance, especially as a profession. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
- townscapes (representations) - Related Term
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Jacques Callot, French, (1592–1635) . Fracischina and Gian Farina, 1622 and later. From Dances of Sfessania (Balli di Sfessania). Etching. First of two states. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1918.104.22.168. Purchase funds, 1962. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Fracischina and Gian Farina".View current selection of records as: