The Cid Campeador Spearing Another Bull (El Cid Campeador Lanceando Otro Toro)
Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6482
The Cid Campeador Spearing Another Bull (El Cid Campeador Lanceando Otro Toro)1816
Francisco de Goya, Spanish, (1746–1828)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- bullfighting - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm001419
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- sports - Use for games that involve a reasonable degree of individual skill and physical prowess. [June 1993 related term added. March 1993 scope note changed; related terms added; descriptor moved. February 1991 scope note added; alternate term added.]
- violence - The use of physical force so as to kill, injure, damage, or abuse. WCOL9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. May 1991 descriptor added.]
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Francisco de Goya, Spanish, (1746–1828) . The Cid Campeador Spearing Another Bull (El Cid Campeador Lanceando Otro Toro), 1816. From The Art of Bullfighting (La Tauromaquia). Etching and aquatint. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1949.D3.8.11. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1949. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "The Cid Campeador Spearing Another Bull (El Cid Campeador Lanceando Otro Toro)".View current selection of records as: