Eastport Looking across to Campobello, Maine
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6588
Eastport Looking across to Campobello, Maine1936
145 x 216 mm (5.7 x 8.5 in.)
Samuel Magee Green, II, American, (1909–1995)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Lithograph on wove paper
Print impression quality: Very good
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right: “Samuel M. Green”
Credit Line: Gift of the artist (Professor of Art, 1948–1971), 1984
Accession Number: 1984.5.28
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- harbors - Designates well-sheltered inlets of water affording protection from wind and sea and sufficient depth to allow anchorage for vessels.
- Maine - TGN 7007515
- marine views - Use For Term
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 145 x 216 mm (5.7 x 8.5 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available