Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1772
Juno in the Form of Beroe, Nurse to Semele, Warning the Young Girl to Beware of Jupiter’s Advancesca. 1615
167 x 251 mm (6.6 x 9.9 in.)
After Hendrick Goltzius, Dutch, (1558–1617)
- girls - Use to refer to female human beings from birth through adolescence. [August 1993 descriptor added.]
- illustration - The art or process of providing illustrations. [March 1993 lead-in term added. May 1991 scope note added.]
- illustrations - Representations or diagrams that clarify, usually accompanying a text, sometimes part of an advertisement. For works that explore a subject or are preliminary to a separate, more finalized work, use "studies (visual works)." [August 1995 alternate term changed, was 'illustration'. March 1993 descriptor moved. June 1992 scope note changed; lead-in term added.]
- literature (writings)
- nudes - Representations of unclothed human figures. [February 1998 related term added, "nudity"; alternate descriptor changed, was "nude". September 1990 descriptor added.]
- nurses - Practitioners of nursing, especially those licensed or registered by the valid authorities. [July 1994 scope note added. April 1993 related term added. December 1992 alternate term added.]
- youth - Use for people below the age of full maturity, generally 17 years of age and younger. [April 1994 lead-in terms added. September 1993 scope note added. August 1993 related terms added. November 1992 alternate term added. September 1990 lead-in terms added.]
- plate Dimensions: 167 x 251 mm (6.6 x 9.9 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .