Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/5599
The Wall of Words (Il Mura)1985
300 x 293 mm (11.8 x 11.5 in.)
Traian Alexandru Filip, Romanian, b. born 1955
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- Eastern Europe (general region) - LCSH 85045765 "Europe, Eastern"; no TGN
- male portraits
- political commentary
- political satire
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- satire - Artistic device holding up human folly and vice to scorn, derision, or ridicule. [November 1994 scope note added; related term added; alternate term added. May 1994 related term added.]
- plate Dimensions: 300 x 293 mm (11.8 x 11.5 in.)
No open access image available
Traian Alexandru Filip, Romanian, b. born 1955 . The Wall of Words (Il Mura), 1985. Etching and aquatint on wove paper. plate : 300 x 293 mm (11.8 x 11.5 in.). DAC accession number 1992.24.1. Purchase funds and Friends of the Davison Art Center funds donated by John R. Jakobson (BA Wesleyan 1952, LLD 1989, Trustee 1971–1985), 1992. (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BFNJ" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Traian Alexandru Filip".View current selection of records as: