Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1692
The Nursery, Brooklyn Maternité1874
212 x 234 mm (8.3 x 9.2 in.)
- American Studies
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- maternity - State of being a mother; also the qualities belonging to or associated with being a mother or being pregnant. [March 1994 scope note changed; related term added; lead-in term added. June 1992 descriptor added.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- nurses - Practitioners of nursing, especially those licensed or registered by the valid authorities. [July 1994 scope note added. April 1993 related term added. December 1992 alternate term added.]
- sex role - Pattern of attitudes and behavior that in any society is deemed appropriate to one sex rather than another. For the concept of physiological traits that distinguish the males and females of a species, use "sex." For the sum of an individual's sexual emotions, ideas, and behavior, use "sexuality." ERIC9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. December 1992 related term added. November 1991 related terms added. January 1991 scope note added. May 1990 lead-in term added.]
- image Dimensions: 212 x 234 mm (8.3 x 9.2 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Anonymous, . The Nursery, Brooklyn Maternité, 1874. Wood engraving on wove paper. image : 212 x 234 mm (8.3 x 9.2 in.). Sheet : 420 x 295 mm (16.5 x 11.6 in.). Object : 420 x 295 mm (16.5 x 11.6 in.). DAC accession number 2001.14.8. Weedon Endowment funds, 2001. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BJEP".View current selection of records as: