Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/4230
La promenade du critique influent1865
238 x 217 mm (9.4 x 8.5 in.)
Honoré Daumier, French, (1808–1879)
- art - Use with reference to the study or practice of the fine arts or the fine and decorative arts together. With reference to the visual and performing arts together, use "arts." For actual works or objects of the fine or decorative arts, use "works of art" or "art objects." [November 1994 related term added. March 1991 scope note changed.]
- artists - Use specifically for people who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, use "performing artists." [May 1995 related term added. February 1993 descriptor moved. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- critics - Persons who write critical reviews of literary, musical, or artistic works and performances for broadcast or publication. DOT [April 1993 related term added. December 1992 alternate term added.]
- satire - Artistic device holding up human folly and vice to scorn, derision, or ridicule. [November 1994 scope note added; related term added; alternate term added. May 1994 related term added.]
- social satire
- image Dimensions: 238 x 217 mm (9.4 x 8.5 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .