No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/5921
355 x 280 mm (14 x 11 in.)
Ira Garber, American
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Series: from Portfolio 1973: Photographs, 1970–1973
Edition: 46/100 published as seventh annual portfolio by the Photographic Education Society (Rhode Island School of Design): 23 plates with Title, Contents, and Edition sheets
Credit Line: Purchase funds, 1975
Accession Number: 19184.108.40.206
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
advertising*, art*, billboards*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, Providence*, Rhode Island*
- advertising - The nonpersonal presentation of goods, services, or ideas for action, openly paid for by an identified entity. KAUFAD [November 1995 related term added. October 1994 related term added. June 1992 scope note added.]
- art - Use with reference to the study or practice of the fine arts or the fine and decorative arts together. With reference to the visual and performing arts together, use "arts." For actual works or objects of the fine or decorative arts, use "works of art" or "art objects." [November 1994 related term added. March 1991 scope note changed.]
- billboards - Use for flat surfaces or boards, sometimes substantial structures, constructed for or used for posting announcements or advertisements. [August 1992 descriptor added.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Providence - TGN 7013952
- Rhode Island - TGN 7007711
- sheet Dimensions: 355 x 280 mm (14 x 11 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available