Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/10182
Haying in Vermont1941
93 x 208 mm (3.7 x 8.2 in.)
Thomas Willoughby Nason, American, (1889–1971)
- agriculture - Science or art of cultivating the soil, harvesting crops, and raising livestock. W [April 1996 descriptor moved. November 1995 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Vermont - TGN 7007828
- image Dimensions: 93 x 208 mm (3.7 x 8.2 in.)
No open access image available
Thomas Willoughby Nason, American, (1889–1971) . Haying in Vermont, 1941. Wood engraving printed in black, grey, and brown inks from three blocks on Asian laid paper. image : 93 x 208 mm (3.7 x 8.2 in.). Sheet : 233 x 309 mm (9.2 x 12.2 in.). DAC accession number 1942.16.1. Gift of Addison L. Green (BA Wesleyan 1885) in honor of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1942. (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BPGF" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Thomas Willoughby Nason".View current selection of records as: