No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1289
Escobera: Woman with Child Gathering “Frofrote” for broomsca. 1886
137 x 99 mm (5.4 x 3.9 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Albumen print
Marks: Inscribed on mount, lower center: title; on print, upper left: identification number or letter
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: From an unidentified collector’s collection of 41 images of “Mexican Indian Types” and views of Mexico.
Bibliography: Roberston, Iturbide of Mexico; Alba, The Mexicans; McNeer, The Mexican Story; Carson, Mexico; Linati, Trajes Civiles, Militares y Religiosos de Mexico.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19220.127.116.11
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
agriculture*, children (people by age group)*, genre*, labor*, Latin America*, Mexico*, studio photography, travel photography
- agriculture - Science or art of cultivating the soil, harvesting crops, and raising livestock. W [April 1996 descriptor moved. November 1995 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- Latin America - TGN 4006155 (general region)
- Mexico - TGN 7005560
- studio photography
- travel photography
- image Dimensions: 137 x 99 mm (5.4 x 3.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available