Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/5538
San Genaro Festival, New York1950 (printed 1980 or 1981)
353 x 276 mm (13.9 x 10.9 in.)
Louis Faurer, American, (1916–2001)
- cities - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Generally, cities designate large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. [May 1996 related term added. January 1993 related term added.]
- festivals - Gala occasions devoted to community observances, such as harvests or anniversaries of notable persons; also cultural events consisting typically of a series of performances of works in the arts. W [May 1991 alternate term added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 353 x 276 mm (13.9 x 10.9 in.)
No open access image available
Louis Faurer, American, (1916–2001) . San Genaro Festival, New York, 1950 (printed 1980 or 1981). Gelatin silver print. image : 353 x 276 mm (13.9 x 10.9 in.). DAC accession number 1984.35.29. Gift of Ann and Seth B. Rosner (BA Wesleyan 1952), 1984. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BSIW".View current selection of records as: