Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/8401
Pie Town, New Mexico1940 (printed 1987)
208 x 255 mm (8.2 x 10 in.)
Russell Lee, American, (1903–1986)
- fairs - Use for exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, and often combined with entertainment. For meetings of buyers and sellers at stated times and places for the purpose of trade, use "markets (events)." [April 1996 scope note added; related term added. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- Farm Security Administration (FSA)
- group portraits - Portraits depicting two or more individuals. [January 1995 scope note added. April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- New Mexico - TGN 7007566
- Southwest - TGN 4010660 (general region): Area to which term applies has changed with westward expansion of the USA; today usually refers to Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas; area is linked by arid climate & pastoral agricultural economy.
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 208 x 255 mm (8.2 x 10 in.)
No open access image available
Russell Lee, American, (1903–1986) . Pie Town, New Mexico, 1940 (printed 1987). Gelatin silver print. image : 208 x 255 mm (8.2 x 10 in.). DAC accession number 1987.38.4. Gift of Ellen G. D’Oench (BA Wesleyan 1973, Trustee 1977–1979, DAC Curator 1979–1998), 1987. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BSUJ" and [Objects]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: