Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/5585
Practice Christmas Party, Arthur Murray Dance Studio, Biltmore Hotel, Providence, RI1974
279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
Peter Feresten, American, b. born ca. 1945
- dance - Performing art form realized in rhythmic movement, creating visual designs by a series of poses and tracing of patterns through space in the course of measured units of time. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added.]
- dancers - Use for those who engage in the activity of dancing or who practice the art of dance, especially as a profession. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- hotels (public accommodations)
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Providence - TGN 7013952
- Rhode Island - TGN 7007711
- sheet Dimensions: 279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BSWK" and [Objects]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: