Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/8394
Visiting a Relative’s Grave on All Saints’ Day, New Roads, La.1938
203 x 254 mm (8 x 10 in.)
Russell Lee, American, (1903–1986)
- Farm Security Administration (FSA)
- graves - Excavations in the earth used for burial; for constructions raised over or around burial sites, use "tombs." [April 1993 related term added.]
- group portraits - Portraits depicting two or more individuals. [January 1995 scope note added. April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- Louisiana - TGN 7007256
- Southern United States - TGN 4011499 (general region): In its broadest sense, it refers to states south of the Mason-Dixon Line and Ohio River, which was the boundary between opposing states in the Civil War. In this sense, it includes Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. In more common modern usage, it excludes Maryland, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- sheet Dimensions: 203 x 254 mm (8 x 10 in.)
No open access image available
Russell Lee, American, (1903–1986) . Visiting a Relative’s Grave on All Saints’ Day, New Roads, La., 1938. Gelatin silver print. sheet : 203 x 254 mm (8 x 10 in.). DAC accession number 1976.1.8. Purchase funds, 1976. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BSWK".View current selection of records as: