Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/4003
120 x 168 mm (4.7 x 6.6 in.)
John Steuart Curry, American, (1897–1946)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Midwest - TGN 4007191 (general region): Refers to north-central USA, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, & usually Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Kentucky, and the Dakotas. Although the area falls primarily in the middle and eastern third of the United States, it was called the "midwest" because it was west of the original English colonies. Europeans settled here mainly after American Revolution, although some lived in Kentucky and Tennessee earlier.
- storms - Violent disturbances of the atmosphere attended by wind and usually also by rain, snow, sleet, or hail. [May 1991 alternate term added.]
- weather - State of the atmosphere with respect to such factors as wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, and pressure. For the long-term total of atmospheric variations at a specific geographical location, use "climate." [May 1993 related term added. December 1992 scope note added. November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- image Dimensions: 120 x 168 mm (4.7 x 6.6 in.)
No open access image available
John Steuart Curry, American, (1897–1946) . The Storm, 1930. Lithograph on Rives BFK paper. image : 120 x 168 mm (4.7 x 6.6 in.). Sheet : 206 x 290 mm (8.1 x 11.4 in.). DAC accession number 1984.16.8. Gift of Gerald C. Couard (BA Wesleyan 1934), 1984. (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BTCP" and [Objects]Century is "20th century" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: