No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1374
The Edge of the Storm, Egremont, Massachusettsca. 1900-1910
100 x 139 mm (3.9 x 5.5 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Photogravure with manipulated sky
Marks: Inscribed on cover sheet: title (Looking across fields to Hillsdale)
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1922.214.171.124
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
landscapes (representations)*, manipulated photographs*, Massachusetts*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, storms*
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- manipulated photographs - Use for photographs that have been altered through interference in the optical or chemical procedures, or physically altered, as for example, sewn, marked on, or torn. [April 1992 descriptor moved.]
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- storms - Violent disturbances of the atmosphere attended by wind and usually also by rain, snow, sleet, or hail. [May 1991 alternate term added.]
- image Dimensions: 100 x 139 mm (3.9 x 5.5 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available