Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9314
Exhibition Room at the Hotel Druot (Une Salle de l’hotel Drouot)ca. 1860-1870
248 x 168 mm (9.8 x 6.6 in.)
C. Maurand, French
After Honoré Daumier, French, (1808–1879)
- auctions - Public sales of property to the highest bidder, as by successive increased bids. W [May 1991 alternate term added.]
- exhibitions - Organized displays, especially of works of art or objects of human making. W [March 1994 related term added. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- hotels (public accommodations)
- satire - Artistic device holding up human folly and vice to scorn, derision, or ridicule. [November 1994 scope note added; related term added; alternate term added. May 1994 related term added.]
- social satire
- sheet Dimensions: 248 x 168 mm (9.8 x 6.6 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .