Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7979
Head of a Young Girl1820
Johann Kirchhoff, German
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- early lithography
- female portraits
- girls - Use to refer to female human beings from birth through adolescence. [August 1993 descriptor added.]
- lithography - Planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance and the surface is chemically treated to accept ink only in the greasy areas. [August 1996 alternate term added. March 1995 related term added. January 1993 related terms added. October 1991 scope note changed; descriptor moved.]
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- youth - Use for people below the age of full maturity, generally 17 years of age and younger. [April 1994 lead-in terms added. September 1993 scope note added. August 1993 related terms added. November 1992 alternate term added. September 1990 lead-in terms added.]
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Johann Kirchhoff, German . Head of a Young Girl, 1820. Lithograph. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1956.32.2. Purchase funds, 1956. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BYGF" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Johann Kirchhoff".View current selection of records as: