Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7189
263 x 180 mm (10.4 x 7.1 in.)
Wenceslaus Hollar, Bohemian, (1607–1677)
- autumn - The season of the year which is the transition period from summer to winter, occurring as the sun approaches the winter solstice, its beginning marked by the autumnal equinox. [March 1993 scope note added. November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- clothing and dress - From TGM with ampersand: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm002198
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- plate Dimensions: 263 x 180 mm (10.4 x 7.1 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Wenceslaus Hollar, Bohemian, (1607–1677) . Autumn, 1644. From Four Seasons. Etching on laid paper. Only state. plate : 263 x 180 mm (10.4 x 7.1 in.). DAC accession number 1988.21.3. Gift of Caroline Macomber (Trustee Emerita), 1988. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "CTKL" and [Objects]Century is "17th century".View current selection of records as: