Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14221
Untitled from “Dancing”ca. 1924
Marcel Vertès, Hungarian, (1895–1961)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Color lithograph
Series: from Dancing
Edition: From Dancing, set of twelve lithographs plus title page with description by Paul Reboux, number 158 from edition of 300 (Paris: Editions Pellet, 1924).
Credit Line: Purchase funds, 1962
Accession Number: 19126.96.36.199
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- dance - Performing art form realized in rhythmic movement, creating visual designs by a series of poses and tracing of patterns through space in the course of measured units of time. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added.]
- dancers - Use for those who engage in the activity of dancing or who practice the art of dance, especially as a profession. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- jazz - LC sh 85069833
- music - The art concerned with the combining of vocal or instrumental sounds in measured time to communicate emotions, ideas, or states of mind, usually according to cultural standards of rhythm, melody, and, in most Western music, harmony. [January 1995 scope note added. December 1991 related term added; related term added.]
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Marcel Vertès, Hungarian, (1895–1961) . Untitled from “Dancing”, ca. 1924. From Dancing. Color lithograph. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 19188.8.131.52. Purchase funds, 1962. (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "CTKL" and [Objects]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: