No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13336
Gideon Terrorizing the Enemy Camp1613
202 x 284 mm (8 x 11.2 in.)
Antonio Tempesta, Italian, (1555–1630)
- battles - Use for individual instances of armed conflict between two or more groups. [September 1993 related terms added. December 1992 scope note added. November 1990 descriptor added.]
- camps (military) - LCSH Link
- Old Testament
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship. [September 1993 descriptor added.]
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- violence - The use of physical force so as to kill, injure, damage, or abuse. WCOL9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. May 1991 descriptor added.]
- war - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm011468
- plate Dimensions: 202 x 284 mm (8 x 11.2 in.)
No open access image available
Antonio Tempesta, Italian, (1555–1630) . Gideon Terrorizing the Enemy Camp, 1613. From Biblical Battles. Etching on white laid paper. plate : 202 x 284 mm (8 x 11.2 in.). Sheet : 273 x 283 mm (10.7 x 11.1 in.). DAC accession number 19220.127.116.11. Olin Library transfer, 1957.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "CTKL" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Antonio Tempesta".View current selection of records as: