No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13883
Olin Library: Detail of Portico Columns1980
253 x 332 mm (10 x 13.1 in.)
Philip Trager, American, b. born 1935
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Series: from Wesleyan Sesquicentennial portfolio
Edition: Commissioned by the University’s Board of Trustees in November 1980, the Wesleyan Sesquicentennial portfolio consists of images of campus subjects
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right: “Philip Trager”
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Collection of the artist
Bibliography: See Philip Trager, Wesleyan Photographs (Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 1982).
Credit Line: Gift of the artist (BA Wesleyan 1956, DFA 2008), 1981
Accession Number: 19220.127.116.11
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, columns (architectural elements)*, Connecticut*, Connecticut artists, libraries (buildings), Middletown*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, schools*, Wesleyan University, Wesleyan University alumni artists
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- columns (architectural elements) - Use for cylindrical, upright masonry members, usually either giving support or appearing to give support and usually comprised of three sections: a base, capital, and shaft; common also on furniture, especially as decorative elements. Use also for all uprights in steel frame or concrete frame structures. For square or rectangular members, either in masonry construction or classically treated, and for massive uprights in Medieval architecture, use "piers (supporting elements)"; for wooden square uprights, use "posts." [January 1995 related term added. March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'columns'; alternate term changed, was 'column'; descriptor moved. July 1991 scope note changed.]
- Connecticut - TGN 7007159
- Connecticut artists
- libraries (buildings)
- Middletown - TGN 7014047
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- schools - Individual buildings or groups of buildings designed or used as places of instruction. [June 1998 lead-in terms added, "educational building", "building, educational", "school building", "building, school", "educational facility", "facility, educ
- Wesleyan University
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
- image Dimensions: 253 x 332 mm (10 x 13.1 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available