No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/11382
Drawing of One of the Fragments from the Ancient Buildings Which Today Serve as the Jambs and Lintel of the Door of the Church of S. Pietro in the Town of Albano (Disegno di spoglie d’antichi edifizi le quali oggi servono… [see full title]18th century
395 x 600 mm (15.6 x 23.6 in.)
Giovanni Battista Piranesi, Italian, (1720–1778)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- doors - Barriers which swing, slide, tilt, or fold to close a doorway, usually of solid and finished construction and usually leading to or separating interior spaces. Use also for similar features that close a container or a piece of case furniture. For barriers of less solid or finished construction, and usually separating two exterior spaces, use "gates." [April 1993 related term added. March 1993 descriptor moved. February 1993 scope note changed.]
- doorways - Denotes openings, which contain or could contain a door, that provide access into or out of building spaces. [March 1993 descriptor moved. August 1991 scope note changed.]
- Italy - TGN 1000080
- lintels - Horizontal structural members that span an opening in a wall and that carry the superimposed weight of the wall. DAC [March 1993 descriptor moved. March 1991 lead-in term added.]
- religious buildings
- plate Dimensions: 395 x 600 mm (15.6 x 23.6 in.)
No open access image available
Giovanni Battista Piranesi, Italian, (1720–1778) . Drawing of One of the Fragments from the Ancient Buildings Which Today Serve as the Jambs and Lintel of the Door of the Church of S. Pietro in the Town of Albano (Disegno di spoglie d’antichi edifizi le quali oggi servono di sopralimitare e di stipiti alla porta della Chiesa di S. Pietro della Citta d’Albano), 18th century. From Antichità d’Albano e di Castel Gandolfo Descritte ed incise da Giovambatista Piranesi. Etching. plate : 395 x 600 mm (15.6 x 23.6 in.). DAC accession number Retrospective TBD. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892).
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DHFE".View current selection of records as: